Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Links, Random Links

With the latest issues of Wired and The Atlantic arriving recently I realized I never gave my readers my links from the past issue of both. So here they are, slightly rushed.

Wired May 2011

  • Only Bill James would have chronicling a history of dark crime as a hobby. Count his book as one I wish to read if I had the time.
  • Yes commercials are indeed louder.
  • Japan's quake ridden history.
  • Sycophants might now be sooooo bad.
  • Why do we still have Region Codes? Answer. Though the DVD is all but dead anyway.
  • First rule about private trackers, you don't talk about private trackers.
  • We are an angry 12 year old away from Armageddon.
  • I for one tend to agree with Steven Levy. Though I would love to do away with physical programs for web based apps I still find myself using a Mac based Twitter client, email client as well as RSS reader. So to find myself doing away with physical files on my computer will be quite a stretch. I myself favor a Dropbox approach for now.
The Atlantic May 2011
  • Did you want to know more about the Verizon Wireless Guy? Here you go.
  • I am happy to say I do not follow into this category of yuppie.
  • Being a pack rat is never a good thing, preserving useless old buildings is an even worse habit. We grow through innovation not through preserving old inferior buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment